Date Posted: April 16 2018
Closes: May 2, 2018
Inspector -- Bridges
Applications are now being accepted for a Bridge Inspector with Development Services at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Bridge Inspector conducts inspections of existing bridges and large and small diameter culverts. Also inspects, monitors, and investigates contractor compliance with District plans, specifications, and standards for new bridge, culvert and subdivision work performed. Participates in the development and operation of the ACHD drone program.
- Must have considerable knowledge of construction inspection principles, practices, and techniques, construction practices and procedures, materials used in construction and roadway development, traffic hazards, and traffic safety procedures.
- Requires knowledge and experience with bridge inspection, repair, and rehabilitation techniques and methods.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, and construction plans; able to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must have good experience with use of computer programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with TrakIt and GIS software preferred.
- Must have the ability to prepare effective inspection notes and testing documentation and communicate effectively with developers, contractors, and the public.
- Must be able to obtain certifications for Safety Inspection of In-service Bridges, Drone Pilot, and WAQTC within 12 months of hire. Must obtain Nuclear Safety Certification within 3 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license.
- Experience with practical engineering work and as an inspector is preferred.
- Completion of coursework in engineering, survey, or drafting is desired.
- Or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., May 2, 2018.