Date Posted: April 16, 2018
Closes: May 2, 2018
Inspector -- Subdivisions
Applications are now being accepted for a Subdivision Inspector with Development Services at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Subdivision Inspector inspects, monitors, and investigates contractor compliance with District plans, specifications, and standards for work performed within the public right-of-way in Ada County.
- Must have considerable knowledge of construction practices and procedures as well as a good knowledge of materials used in construction and roadway development, traffic hazards, and traffic safety procedures.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, and construction plans; ability to prepare effective inspection notes and testing documentation; ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must have good experience with use of computer programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with TrakIt and GIS software preferred.
- Must have the ability to prepare effective inspection notes and testing documentation and communicate effectively with developers, contractors, and the public.
- Must be able to obtain a Nuclear Safety Certification within 3 months of hire and WAQTC certifications within 12 months.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license.
- Experience with practical engineering work and as an inspector is preferred.
- Completion of coursework in engineering, survey, or drafting is desired.
- Or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., May 2, 2018.