Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 20, 2018
Applications are now being accepted for an Accountant at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a wage range of $26.11 - $30.02 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the general direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Accountant performs professional accounting duties and carries out operations and special projects within the Accounting Department.
- Leads the Accounting Department's audit efforts to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance to regulations and risk management procedures.
- Monitors, plans, and organizes accounting processes to ensure that the accounting function operates smoothly and according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); prepares, analyzes, processes, and maintains accounting procedures, data, and records.
- Requires extensive experience in governmental accounting and automated accounting systems as well as a good knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS); Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP); Governmental Accounting Standard Board statements; accounts payable and accounts receivable; payroll and job costing.
- Must have experience with computers and software including word processing, spreadsheets and general ledger accounting software systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and build strong working relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related discipline is desired.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 20, 2018.