Date Posted: March 9, 2018
Closes: March 22, 2018
Applications are now being accepted for an Administrative Specialist in the Engineering Division. This is a full time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $14.74 - $16.94 per hour DOQ/DOE.
- The Administrative Specialist processes and coordinates all aspects of Right-of-Way permitting, and provides assistance and information to contractors, ACHD Inspectors, and the general public.
- The Administrative Specialist coordinates inspection testing, maintains critical databases, and facilitates preconstruction conferences.
- The Administrative Specialist also performs a variety of receptionist, clerical and secretarial tasks and responds to incoming calls and visitors at the construction reception area.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public, especially communicating detailed policies. A basic understanding of construction terminology is preferred.
- The incumbent must be accurate and have the ability to multi-task. Strong customer service skills are required.
Good knowledge of filing systems and general office practices and procedures is needed. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Access is necessary and experience with Excel a plus.
- OR Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities are acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on March 22, 2018.