Date Posted: October 30, 2017
Closes: November 16, 2017
Business & Community Relations Coordinator
Applications are now being accepted for a Business & Community Relations Coordinator in the Communications Department. This is an exempt, full-time position with a starting wage of $58,739 - $70,470 annually/DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Business & Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for outreach activities relating to community and business relations.
- Under supervision of the Chief Information Officer, the Business & Community Relations Coordinator plans, organizes, and implements outreach activities to explain ACHD programs and functions to business and residential community members. Serves as a liaison between the District and the community to expedite District construction projects and mitigate the negative impact of those projects on businesses and neighbors.
- This position may require flexible work hours and evening/weekend work to meet the needs of the position.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of District programs and project schedules, including the budgetary process, construction, and project management.
- Requires considerable knowledge of public outreach programs and business/community relations techniques, construction methods and time requirements, as well as business communication.
- Requires a good knowledge of Federal, State, and local agency regulations concerning open meetings, records and reporting requirements.
- Requires that the employee establish and maintain cooperative working relations with the general public, all members of ACHD staff, the business community, neighborhood representatives, and local interest and advocacy groups. Must have the ability to professionally represent the District as the designated point-of-contact for all issues of concern to interested parties and the general public.
- Must be able to create and deliver presentations in a public forum, communicating effectively by phone, in person, and in writing. Must be able to effectively compile technical data into written reports and information for a general audience.
- Experience in the public relations or communication field, preferably in an agency comparable to the District, or graduation from college or university with emphasis in Public Relations or Mass Communications
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., November 16, 2017.