Date Posted: August 31, 3018
Closes: September 20, 2018
Applications are now being accepted for a Construction Administrator in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the supervision of the Construction Coordinator, the Construction Administrator is responsible for processing and maintaining construction contracts relating to District, State, and Federal Administration policies including monitoring of EEO and Labor Compliance.
- The duties of this position include compiling project information used in the preparation and disposition of progress estimates, material summaries, change order directives, pay estimates, routine correspondence, reports, submittals, and the annual budget. Processes and maintains records and files relating to construction contracts.
- Requires a good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as familiarity with databases and various types of software used for contract administration and critical path method (CPM) scheduling.
- Must have a working knowledge of civil engineering and construction management practices and techniques as they relate to the principles of highway and bridge construction, as well as principles of contract and technical writing.
- The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), have experience with office practices and procedures, and have the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Experience with Idaho Transportation Department Contract Administration procedures is a plus. Must have the ability to become certified in Idaho Transportation Department/Federal Highway Administration inspection techniques within 12 months of employment.
- Possession of a valid Idaho driver's license is required.
- A degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Any combination of education, training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 20, 2018.