Date Posted: February 7, 2020
Closes: February 20, 2020
Applications are now being accepted for a Construction Coordinator in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting wage range of $58,739 - $70,470 annually, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Construction Coordinator supervises and coordinates the activities of the project inspection area and performs professional, technical, and administrative management duties associated with inspection and contract administration.
- The nature of the work performed requires the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with contractors, engineers, property owners, the general public, representatives from Federal, State, and local agencies, and other District employees.
- Requires considerable knowledge of project management, construction management, and contract administration practices.
- Must also have good knowledge of construction surveying; material testing techniques; road, utility, and storm drain construction practices; bridge inspection; highway construction techniques and practices; project budgeting and scheduling.
- The successful candidate must have proven supervisory skills and the ability to enforce construction compliance with established specifications using tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to obtain a Nuclear Safety Certification within one year of hire.
- Ability to operate a computer and related management and project management software is required.
- Possession of a valid Idaho Driver's license is required.
- College level courses in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge may be acceptable.
A completed Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 20, 2020.