Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 19, 2018
Crew Chief - Drainage Crew
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Crew Chief on the Drainage Crew at the Cloverdale Maintenance location of Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $23.74 - $27.29 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Superintendent, the primary duties consist of supervising the Maintenance Operations team members engaged in cleaning storm drain pipes, catch basins, grates, skimmers, irrigation pipes crossing the Right-of-Way, and sediment tanks.
- Assures compliance of all applicable safety standards, assists in budget preparation, estimates cost of material, labor and equipment for maintenance activities; trains and instructs team members.
- Winter operations are an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
- The successful candidate must have previous supervisory experience and the ability to operate all equipment associated with the performance of crew's assigned tasks.
- Requires experience with customer service and in resolving citizen requests for corrective action.
- Must have considerable knowledge of inherent hazards and safety precautions necessary for maintenance and construction work and equipment.
- Prior experience operating a Hydro Vac Truck is preferred.
- Must have the ability to operate a computer and related business software.
- Must be able to respond to 24-hour emergency call out as needed, and serve as rotating on-call supervisor.
- Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- Or any combination of education, training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., September 19, 2018.