Date Posted: October 7, 2019
Closes: October 23, 2019
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Cybersecurity Specialist in the IT department of Ada County Highway District. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $28.72 - $33.02 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Cybersecurity Specialist is responsible to ensure the District's network, computer hardware, and data are protected from security breaches and cyber threats.
- The Cybersecurity Specialist develops and maintains the District's cybersecurity policies and procedures, including an incident response plan. Conducts research and evaluation of security enhancements and makes recommends as required. Leads project teams comprised of other technical and non-technical staff members and provides technical consultation or in-house training on matters related to network design, equipment, security, implementation, and interconnections to other networked environments.
- This position may require some evening and / or weekend work.
- Must have considerable knowledge of computer programming and risk management, computer related security systems, including firewalls, password protection and authentication, and site-specific controls on physical access to computers.
- Must have good knowledge of MS Windows and Office Suite, Cybersecurity framework practices and principles;
- Must have a minimum four (4) years of experience with system administration and one (1) year of security related experience.
- A System Security Certification is desired.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field of study; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 pm on October 23, 2019.