Date Posted: 12/26/19
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Deputy Director Maintenance Division
Applications are now being accepted for an exempt management position of Deputy Director - Maintenance. Starting wage is $96,242 - $115,482 annually, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Deputy Director of Maintenance is responsible for the oversight and strategic planning of District programs and functions as related to roadway, bridge, equipment and facility repair and maintenance.
- The Deputy Director is responsible for the management of staff to ensure performance expectations are met with regards to the overall organizational efficiency and performance of the Maintenance Division.
- The successful candidate must have extensive management experience including financial and budgetary management in an organization of comparable size to the District, and comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Considerable experience is desirable in road, street, drainage, and traffic facilities and their construction; maintenance and repair criteria along with experience with construction and maintenance equipment and equipment operation. Experience is also preferred in major project development and project and contract management.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Public Administration, or Business Administration is required with completion of graduate level coursework in the respective discipline also strongly preferred.
- Experience in progressively responsible leadership positions is desired.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., January 15, 2020.