Date Posted: April 1, 2019
Closes: April 24, 2019
Development Services Manager
Ada County Highway District is accepting applications for a Development Services Manager in the Boise, Idaho area. This is an exempt level position with a starting salary range of $76,731.00 - $92,061.00 annually, DOQ.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Development Services Manager is responsible for directing, supervising, and managing the activities of the Planning Review and Development Review sections, including supervision of section supervisors and support personnel.
- Supervises the preparation and management of the departmental budget; develops policies, procedures, and goals; participates in the development of District goals, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates Development activities with other internal departments and attends Commission meetings to present projects and/or provide information.
- Requires prior management experience in a progressively responsible capacity in the areas of Development or Engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and processes of design review, subdivision review, project planning and project management, civil engineering, and management/supervision.
- Good knowledge of surveying and construction design practices; street and drainage construction practices; transportation system costs and impact fee systems; right-of-way acquisition processes; contract management and administration.
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations at formal meetings, to plan and oversee financial management activities, to prepare and compile involved reports in a concise manner, and to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Business Management or related field is desired.
- Any combination of experience, education, and training which provides the required knowledge may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resource no later than 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2019.