Date Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes: November 30, 2017
General Equipment Operator - Grade Crew
Applications are now being accepted for the position of General Equipment Operator on the Grade Crew at the Cloverdale Maintenance Facility. Starting wage is $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the primary duty of this position is to perform skilled work and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which includes dump truck, water truck, roller, loader, jackhammer, and also winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
- This position will repair and replace asphalt on the roadways, including potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance.
- Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies are an essential function of this position and may require working any time during the 24-hour day.
- Must have a current Class "A" CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Tanker endorsement is required within 90 days of start of employment.
- Experience driving dump truck and loader is required.
- Knowledge of chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance techniques is preferred.
- Or, any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID 83714 or by selecting one of the following links:
Employment Application (Microsoft Word format) or Employment Application (Adobe Acrobat format).
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations