Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 20, 2018
General Equipment Operator - Vegetation Crew
Applications are now being accepted for a General Equipment Operator on the Cloverdale Vegetation Crew in the Maintenance Division. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Vegetation Crew Chief, the primary duties of this position are to perform skilled work, manual labor, and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment including winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and de-icing the roads.
- This position may perform skilled work as it relates to tree trimming, shoulder mowing, and weed spraying activities.
- This position may work with the Sheriff Labor Detail (SLD) program and provide minimal supervision over an inmate crew. Will be required to enforce the rules outlined in the Ada County Sheriff Labor Detail Participant Contract for any and all SLD participants. You will receive a 5% differential in compensation while performing SLD lead duties. If you are performing GEO duties you are not eligible for the 5% differential pay.
- Winter operations are an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
- Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to pass a background check and finger printing through the Ada County Sheriff's Office.
- Experience with trimming trees and knowledge of tree species is a plus, as well as experience in operating a 10-yard dump truck with sander/anti-icing unit.
- Must be able to lift 60-70 pounds.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 20, 2018.