Date Posted: May 15, 2019
Closes: June 5, 2019
Applications are now being accepted for the position of a GIS Analyst at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the supervision of the GIS Coordinator, the GIS Analyst performs technical and professional work in the analysis, maintenance and operation of geographic information system (GIS) or standard desktop databases and programs using GIS or computer database software.
- The GIS Analyst designs, develops, and implements basic web, mobile, and desktop GIS applications. The incumbent uses GIS software to produce maps, tabular reports, and perform spatial analyses.
- Requires considerable knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software; database design and administration; computer database software and compatible requirements for ArcGIS systems.
- Also requires a good knowledge of Microcomputer operating systems, including Windows; GIS application programming; GIS web and mobile application development; computer application programming; spatial analysis and statistical calculations; data collection, manipulation, and analysis.
- Must have considerable technical GIS or database development experience supplemented by a college degree in Information Sciences, Cartography, GIS, or related fields.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable. A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., June 5, 2019.