Date Posted: October 2, 2019
Closes: October 16, 2019
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Human Resource Assistant
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Human Resource (HR) Assistant in the Human Resources Department. This is a non-exempt position with a starting wage of: $17.83 to $20.50 per hour/DOQ.
- The HR Assistant will advise supervisors and employees on District personnel policies, procedures and benefits; maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records; and assist in the recruitment process. The incumbent will assist in in carrying out various human resources programs for all District employees and maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records and documentation.
- The HR Assistant will participate in the benefits administration to include processing payment of various employer sponsored insurance plans, employee status changes, COBRA, follow-up and resolution of benefit questions and concerns; process employee changes using a computerized system; and provide clerical and operational support to other human resources staff.
- A Good Knowledge of District policies and procedures is required. The successful candidate must have good knowledge of local, state and federal laws relating to employment practices, principles and practices of human resources as well as employee and public relations.
- Some knowledge of payroll principles and practices and Human Resource Information Systems is desired. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and strong writing skills.
- Experience in Human Resource administration supplemented by specialized training related to human resources or graduation from college or university with emphasis in human resources is desirable. OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., October 16, 2019.