Date Posted: June 17, 2019
Closes: Open until Filled
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Student Intern - Human Resources
Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is accepting applications for a Student Intern in our Human Resource Department. This is a paid internship with an hourly salary of $12.00 per hour. The Student Intern position is available to full-time college students only. The work schedule is flexible with a maximum of 24 hours per week during school, and 40 hours per week during breaks.
- The HR Intern will receive practical experience in recruiting and hiring; to include posting job announcements, reviewing applications/resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, and making job offers. The HR Intern will get practical experience regarding the importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- The Student Intern may also assist in the areas of new employee paperwork, maintenance of Human Resource Information systems (HRIS), and other report generation.
- A good knowledge of local, state and federal laws relating to employment practices, principles and practices of human resources as well as employee and public relations is preferred.
- Some knowledge of payroll principles and practices and Human Resource Information Systems is desired. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Please list applicable classes taken with your application materials.
This position is open immediately and will remain open until filled.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations