Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 19, 2018
Information Records Specialist
Applications are now being accepted for an Information Records Specialist in the Information Technology Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $14.74 - $16.94 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Information Records Specialist performs specialized administrative and technical support to the records management and information governance program including imaging and document retrieval, and customer service, administrative, clerical and secretarial tasks for District operations and programs.
- Responsible for the importing and scanning of the District's official computerized and manual records management system as well as assisting with document conversions, records retention, management of inventory, training, and destruction of records.
- Serves as backup to the main receptionist to include a variety of clerical tasks, responds to incoming calls and visitors to the front reception area.
- The successful candidate must have a good knowledge of business filing systems, record keeping, retention schedules, and report generation; business communication and report writing; business mathematics and routine accounting practices; general office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Requires good knowledge of principles and procedures of electronic records management systems; software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, and document management; scanning and quality control processes and equipment.
- Requires the ability to conduct quality control inspections and tests on imaging products; organize, classify, file, monitor and retrieve electronic data and documents; operate a computer and related business software; communicate effectively by phone, in person, and in writing; train users in importing, searching, and scanning electronic documents.
- Experience in records management and electronic documentation retention systems preferred.
- An Associate's degree with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field is also preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., September 19, 2018.