Date Posted: August 10, 2018
Closes: August 30, 2018
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Applications are now being accepted for a Subdivision Inspector with Development Services at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Subdivision Inspector inspects, monitors, and investigates contractor compliance with District plans, specifications, and standards for work performed within the public right-of-way in Ada County.
- Must have considerable knowledge of construction practices and procedures as well as a good knowledge of materials used in construction and roadway development, traffic hazards, and traffic safety procedures.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, and construction plans; ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must have good experience with use of computer programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with TrakIt and GIS software desired.
- Must have the ability to prepare effective inspection notes and testing documentation and communicate effectively with developers, contractors, and the public.
- Must be able to obtain a Nuclear Safety Certification within 3 months of hire and WAQTC certifications within 12 months.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license.
- Experience with practical engineering work and as an inspector is preferred.
- Completion of coursework in engineering, survey, or drafting is desired.
- Or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., August 30, 2018.