Date Posted: January 23, 2019
Closes: February 7, 2019
Leadworker - Grade Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Leadworker on the Utility Crew at the Adams Maintenance facility. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the Leadworker will perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance functions such as concrete work, pipe installation, storm drain system repairs, sinkhole repairs, and guardrail repairs.
- The Leadworker assists with the direction of work for the crew and may act as Crew Chief in their absence. The Leadworker is required to be part of an on-call rotation year-round.
- Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies are an essential function of this position and may require working any time during the 24-hour day.
- Applicants must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently in directing a crew to accomplish District maintenance activities.
- The successful candidate must have previous supervisory experience in roadway construction and maintenance, equipment maintenance and repair, and the ability to operate all the equipment associated with the performance of assigned tasks. Must possess a thorough knowledge of concrete work, pipe installation and all related tasks, tools, materials and equipment.
- Must have a current Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL with Tanker endorsement by start of employment.
- Experience operating a dump truck with sander/anti-icing unit is a plus.
- Any combination of education and experience, which demonstrates competence in the knowledge and abilities for the position, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., February 7, 2019.