Date Posted: October 2, 2018
Closes: October 18, 2018
Leadworker - Drainage Crew
Applications are being accepted for a Leadworker on the Drainage Crew with the Cloverdale Maintenance Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting wage is $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision, the Leadworker will perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance functions.
- The Leadworker assists with the direction of work for the crew and may act as Crew Chief in their absence. The Leadworker is required to be part of an on-call rotation year-round.
- Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies are an essential function of this position and may require working any time during the 24-hour day.
- Applicants must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently in directing a crew to accomplish District maintenance activities.
- The successful candidate must have previous supervisory experience in roadway construction and maintenance, equipment maintenance and repair, and the ability to operate all the equipment associated with the performance of assigned tasks. Experience operating the Vacuum trucks and handling drainage issues/complaints is a plus.
- Experience operating a dump truck with sander/anti-icing unit is a plus.
- Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- Any combination of education and experience, which demonstrates competence in the knowledge and abilities required for the position, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., October 18, 2018.