Date Posted: November 6, 2018
Closes: November 28, 2018
Pavement Management Technician
Applications are now being accepted for a Pavement Management Technician or Sr. Technician in the Planning area at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $16.21 - $24.81 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Pavement Management Technician/Sr. Technician performs technical office duties, field data collection, and inspection of public roadways to determine the pavement condition. Also conducts GIS encoding, input, manipulation, maintenance, and reporting of GIS data. The incumbent will make recommendations as to the type of preventative maintenance or pavement rehabilitation strategy to be completed.
- In addition, the Sr. Pavement Management Technician reviews construction plans for proposed Capital Maintenance projects; conducts pavement management short- and long-term budgetary and cost benefit analysis; recommends selection of annual projects; provides price and quantity calculations on pedestrian ramps, sidewalks, and curb/gutter. Also responsible to train Pavement Management personnel.
- Must have a good knowledge of the principles of highway construction and inspection; pavement repair/improvement practices and processes; mathematical, engineering, and statistical calculations; traffic hazards and traffic safety procedures.
- Must have strong computer skills and experience with MS Office and databases; GIS experience preferred.
- College or trade school courses in civil engineering, engineering technology, or a related field is preferred.
- In addition, the successful Sr. Technician must have a good knowledge of financial and budgetary analysis methodology; the ability to develop and produce complex reports; ability to train others and effectively communicate recommendations to District departmental personnel.
- Any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., November 28, 2018.