Date Posted: May 8, 2019
Closes: June 5, 2019
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Planning Review Supervisor
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Planning Review Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting wage range of $71,053.00 - $85,259.00 annually, DOE.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Responsible for the operation of the Planning Review Section, requiring supervisory ability and the application of planning knowledge and skills to assure that District policies and standards are followed; review of plats, site plans, and other drawings of subdivisions and other developments for compliance with District policies and requirements.
- Supervises the preparation of staff reports describing recommended requirements of development applications as well as the weekly packet of staff reports and presentation of data to the Commission.
- Assists the public, contractors, architects, engineers, and land developers with the interpretation of policies, plans, specifications and regulations.
- Prepares and manages the fiscal budget for the section; reviews, amends, revises and enforces the Development Policy Manual.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of development application and subdivision review processes; project planning and project management principles and practices; District policies and standards.
- Must have a good knowledge of management and supervision principles and practices; Traffic Impact Studies; American Association of State Highway and Transportation Office/Institute of Traffic Engineer standards and guidelines.
- Requires the ability to prepare, edit and present technical reports and information both in writing and orally to a public forum; understand and interpret traffic data; plan, organize and direct the work of subordinates; operate a computer and related business software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or a related field is desirable as well as previous work experience in a planning supervisory position.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, may be considered.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on June 5, 2019.