Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 20, 2018
Applications are now being accepted for a Project Inspector in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Project Inspector is responsible for contract and project monitoring as well as inspection and evaluation of construction projects being performed in the right-of-way to ensure work meets District standards, policies, and specifications.
- The individual duties will include participating in pre-construction conferences on assigned projects; inspecting steel and concrete structures; coordinating surveying and materials testing; preparing technical data for contract changes, preparing monthly pay estimates, quantities, change orders, and overrun justifications; coordinating resolution of engineering, construction, right-of-way, utility work, and safety problems; conducting weekly inspection of storm water pollution prevention plans.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of road construction; storm drainage construction; construction surveying; project management; project scheduling and monitoring; basic engineering mathematics; traffic hazards and traffic safety procedures; stormwater pollution prevention standards and practices (SWPPP).
- Must be able to obtain a Nuclear Safety, Responsible Person, and Traffic Control Technician Certifications within 3 months of employment. All WAQTC and IQP Certifications are required within 12 months. Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license.
- Completion of college level courses in Civil Engineering or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 20, 2018.