Date Posted: February 6, 2019
Closes: February 27, 2019
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a full-time Project Manager in the Capital Projects Department. This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting pay range of $58,739.00 - $70,470.00 annually, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Project Manager uses best practices in all phases of project development to ensure that projects are planned and executed within scope, schedule, and budget. Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with government and local agency representatives, interest groups, and the general public.
- Responsible for all phases of projects including right-of-way acquisition and construction; plan, organize and coordinate the scoping, concept, design, and environmental clearances; manage multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity.
- Considerable knowledge of project management principles, practices and methods; transportation system design, construction and operation principles and practices; Civil Engineering, surveying, design, and construction standards, right-of-way acquisition, environmental clearances, administration of consultant, construction, and procurement contracts; budget preparation and execution, construction principles and practices, scheduling, federal funding sources and processes.
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing; experience with MS Project is preferred.
- Requires experience in leading interdisciplinary project teams; strong team-building and leadership skills; able to elicit confidence and build rapport; experience in planning, scheduling, and tracking project timelines and deliverables; ability to work within a fast-paced project development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Transportation Planning, Public Administration or a related field is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., February 27, 2019.