Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 26, 2018
Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager
Applications are now being accepted for a Project Manager (PM) or Senior Project Manager in the Capital Projects department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting wage range for a PM of $58,739.00 - $70,470.00 annually, and for a Sr. PM of $63,440.00 - $76,107.00 annually, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager uses best practices in all phases of project development ensuring that projects are planned and executed within scope, schedule, and budget. Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with government and local agency representatives, interest groups, and the general public.
- Responsible for scope, schedule and budget of all phases of projects including right-of-way acquisition and construction; plans, organizes and coordinates the scoping, concept, design, and environmental clearances; manages multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity.
- The Senior Project Manager is also responsible to direct and control multiple projects, some of which are large, complex, highly visible, involve multiple and dissimilar functions and issues, and have broad impact on government operations and public interest. Provides leadership by identifying and implementing continuous process improvements; provides technical guidance to PMs and Project Assistants.
- Requires considerable knowledge of Civil Engineering, surveying, design, and construction standards, right-of-way acquisition, environmental clearances, administration of consultant, construction, and procurement contracts, budget preparation and execution, construction principles and practices, scheduling, federal funding sources and processes, spreadsheets, and word processing. Experience with MS Project is preferred.
- Requires experience in leading interdisciplinary project teams; strong team-building and leadership skills; able to elicit confidence and build rapport; experience in planning, scheduling, and tracking project timelines and deliverables; ability to work within a fast-paced project development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Planning, or a related field preferred.
- The Senior Project Manager also requires proven experience in complex project management with an emphasis on transportation planning, design, right-of-way acquisition, environmental clearances, and public involvement.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., September 26, 2018.