Date Posted: June 7, 2018
Closes: June 21, 2018
Public Information Specialist
Applications are now being accepted for a full time, non-exempt position of Public Information Specialist in the Communications Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting pay range is $23.74 - $27.29 hourly, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Public Information Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of media, social media, and public outreach strategies to obtain positive coverage and notice of District programs, projects, and activities.
- The Public Information Specialist is responsible for the successful implementation of these strategies to inform and educate interested parties and the general public; the specialist will serve as the main media source and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have considerable knowledge of public information planning and development; information preparation and dissemination; implementation of a public information strategic plan.
- Must have a good knowledge of media operations, deadlines and needs; federal, state, and local agency regulations concerning open meetings, records and reporting requirements.
- Must be able to communicate well on camera, in writing and in speaking engagements, and deal effectively and professionally with reporters, the public, District staff and elected officials.
- Must be able to develop, plan, organize and carry out public information projects.
- Bachelor's degree with the major emphasis in communication, and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., June 21, 2018.