Date Posted: February 22, 2018
2018 Spring & Summer
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applicants for Spring & Summer Seasonal/Temporary positions to work with our road maintenance crews.
Requirements for all seasonal positions and crews:
- Must have a valid Idaho Driver's License with a good driving record, and be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions;
- Must be able to lift/carry 35-50 pounds on a regular basis.
All crews work a 40-hour week; however, work is dependent on weather conditions. Crews work Monday through Thursday, with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
Openings will be available for the following crew positions with start dates as noted:
- Paint Crew (starts March 19): This crew completes roadway markings including placement of reflective markers and application of hot tape and paint striping for crosswalks, arrows, and bike lanes. Additional openings will be available throughout the season after their March start-up. This crew works through mid-September with an early morning schedule of 3:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Pay is $10.50/hour.
- Chip Seal Crew (starts June 7-11): Crew applies oil and gravel in the corners of the roadways, moves traffic control signs, and assists with various manual tasks. This crew works through the end of August with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Pay is $10.50/hour.
- Dump Truck Drivers - Class A CDL (starts April 2): Drivers assist the Broom (Street Sweeper) crew. Must have 10-wheel dump truck experience, city CDL driving experience, and be able to frequently lift/carry up to 35 pounds. This crew works through mid-December with a schedule of either 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 or 5:30 p.m. Pay is $12.00/hour.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations