Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Closes: September 20, 2018
Social Media Specialist
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time, non-exempt position of Social Media Specialist in the Communications Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting pay range is $23.74 - $27.29 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the execution of social media strategies to inform the public about District programs, projects, and activities.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of these strategies to educate interested parties and the general public; provides technical and logistical support and expertise to the Communications Department and other District staff regarding all matters involving social media; tracks social media results and provides monthly metrics.
- Will identify, research, and post story ideas to advance the District's mission. The Specialist will work with the Commissioners and other key staff members to ensure that the District is poised to succeed in social media relations.
- Must have considerable knowledge of public information strategic planning and development for social media; information preparation and dissemination via social media; implementation of a public information strategic plan for social media platforms; implementing action items using social media.
- Requires a good knowledge of social media strategies, operations, and needs as well as Federal, state, and local agency regulations concerning open meetings, records, and reporting requirements.
- Must be able to professionally represent the District on all District sponsored social media platforms; communicate well in writing, on camera and in speaking engagements; establish and maintain professional working relationship with the public, District staff, elected officials, and media relations.
- Must be able to work independently on several assignments simultaneously.
- Required to operate a computer and related business software.
- Must have a valid Idaho Driver's License.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with the major emphasis in Communications, and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training is desired.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., September 20, 2018.