Date Posted: March 29, 2018
Closes: April 18, 2018
Stormwater Quality Specialist
Applications are being accepted for the position of Stormwater Quality Specialist in the Stormwater Section of the Engineering Division. This position specializes in dry weather monitoring and outfall inventory. Starting wage is $21.58 - $24.81 per hour DOQ/DOE.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Stormwater Quality Specialist with dry weather monitoring and outfall inventory applies technical environmental and stormwater knowledge and skills to develop and implement aspects of the District's NPDES Phase I and Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permits.
- The primary duties of this position include the implementation of the Dry Weather Outfall Screening Program and outfall inventory through field investigations, characterizing dry weather discharges, source tracing, discharge mitigation/elimination, data management, and reporting. Other duties may include assisting with wet weather sampling events, mapping, and inspection.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of hydrologic concepts such as watershed delineation and have a good knowledge and understanding of water quality principals, as they apply to sample collection and handling; the ability to follow standard operating procedures; and implement sampling plans. The ability to work outdoors in inclement weather is required.
- The ability to understand and interpret federal, state, and local environment regulations, prepare and edit technical reports, and communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- The ability to read and interpret construction plans and understand the municipal storm drain system is preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Idaho driver's license and be proficient in Word, Excel, and Adobe. Working knowledge of data entry in Access and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Graduate of college or university with a 4-year degree in Environmental, Physical, or Biological Science is preferred. OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., April 18, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID 83714 or by selecting one of the following links:
Employment Application (Microsoft Word format) or Employment Application (Adobe Acrobat format).
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations