Date Posted: September 16, 2019
Closes: October 3, 2019
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Stormwater Quality Specialist
Applications are being accepted for the position of Stormwater Quality Specialist in the Environmental Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Stormwater Quality Specialist (SWQS) performs professional/technical work supporting the implementation of ACHD's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit programs.
- The primary duties of this SWQS position include the development, coordination, and implementation of ACHD's Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Program.
- Must have considerable knowledge of Green Stormwater Infrastructure practices and techniques, pollutant attenuation and mitigation as it relates to soils and local/regional plants, traditional stormwater management, best management practices, surface and subsurface hydrology, and low water/local native plants. Knowledge and experience working with project designers, inspectors, and contractors on active construction sites is desired.
- Requires the ability to understand and interpret federal, state, and local environment regulations, prepare and edit technical reports, develop education and outreach materials, provide training, and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe; experience with ArcGIS software is desired.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Science, Geology, Botany, Soil Science, Biology, or Environmental Engineering is preferred, with previous experience in environmental science, landscape architecture, or stormwater quality.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., October 3, 2019.