Date Posted: August 9, 2018
Open: Until filled
Laborers -- Late Summer & Early Fall Season
FULL-TIME OPENINGS AVAILABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY!!
Ada County Highway District is now hiring workers to complete the late summer and early fall season of road work. Pay is $10.50 per hour. Crews generally work a 40-hour week, Monday through Thursday with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
- Must have a valid Idaho Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift/carry 35-50 pounds on a regular basis.
Openings are available on the following crews:
- Paint Crew: This crew completes roadway markings including placement of reflective markers and application of hot tape and paint striping for crosswalks, arrows, and bike lanes. This crew works through mid-September with an early morning schedule of 3:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Chip Seal Crew: Crew applies oil and gravel in the corners of the roadways, moves traffic control signs, and assists with various manual tasks. This crew works through September with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Drainage Crew: Crew uses Vacuum Trucks to maintain Stormwater system. Requires strong safety background/experience. This position will work through September with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Utility Crew. Crew maintains concrete and drainage pipes. Requires a construction background and ability to lift/carry 50-75 pounds. This position will work through September with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday).
- Drivers (Class A CDL): Drivers assist various crews with driving and manual tasks. Must have 10-wheel dump truck experience, city street CDL driving experience, and be able to frequently lift/carry 35-50 pounds. Does not require a medical card. Pay is $12.00/hour.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations