Date Posted: September 20, 2018
Closes: Open Until Filled
Laborers -- Seasonal, Early Fall & Winter Season
FULL-TIME OPENINGS AVAILABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY!!
Ada County Highway District is now hiring workers to complete the late summer and early fall season of road work. Pay is $10.50 per hour. Crews generally work a 40-hour week with 10-hour day, weather permitting.
- Must have a valid Idaho Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift/carry 35-50 pounds on a regular basis.
Openings are available on the following crews:
- Paint Crew: This crew completes roadway markings including placement of reflective markers and application of hot tape and paint striping for crosswalks, arrows, and bike lanes. This crew works through mid-October with an early morning schedule of 3:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Monday-Thursday).
- Utility Crew. Crew maintains concrete and drainage pipes. Requires a construction background and ability to lift/carry 50-75 pounds. This assignment starts October 17th, and will work through November with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday).
- Crack Seal Crews. Crew members assist with repairing pavement crack. They use compressed air and heat to remove moisture and debris from the pavement cracks, and fill cracks with hot-applied asphalt-based sealant. These crews start work mid-October and works through the Spring (April-May) with a schedule of 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday).
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations