Date Posted: April 15, 2019
Closes: Open until filled
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Temporary Administrative Clerk
Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is accepting applications for a Temporary Administrative Clerk. The wage is $11.00-$12.00 per hour, DOE. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. through September, 2019 (5-6 months).
- Performs a variety of customer service, dispatch, administrative, and clerical tasks.
- Greets and directs visitors and answers incoming calls to provide information and responses to public inquiries concerning services, programs, work being performed, and District activities.
- Maintains files and a variety of electronic records, logs, spreadsheets and other information.
- Performs support duties that may include creating work orders, preparing memos and presentations, petty cash, purchase orders, inventory use, training requests, preparing reports, collecting and accounting for fees, issuing permits, etc.
- Processes applications, information or other documents (reviews for completion, verifies accuracy of information, distributes to appropriate persons, etc.).
- Operates copiers and printers to support office management and information distribution.
- Experience with office and business processes including filing systems, record keeping and retention, and report generation.
- Experience with operation of PCs and various software applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone, in person, and in writing; able to compose business communications utilizing the rules of effective English usage.
- Ability to respond to public inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good knowledge of business mathematics and routine accounting practices; general office practices, procedures, and equipment.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD's crews are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations