Date Posted: September 13, 2018
Closes: September 27, 2018
Traffic Signal Inspector
Applications are now being accepted for Traffic Signal Inspector in the Traffic Operations Department. This is a full time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Traffic Signal Inspector is responsible for the inspection of all new traffic signal installations and ensures compliance with all electrical codes, District standards and specifications, and MUTCD requirements for signals, signs, and pavement markings.
- The individual duties will include: reviewing plan documents to assure accuracy prior to signal construction, participate in pre-construction meetings; inspects the construction of traffic signal builds; prepares technical data for contract changes, reviews change orders and overrun justification; coordinates resolution of engineering, utility work, and safety problems; and prepares a complete final project report with recommendation of acceptance or rejection.
- This position requires considerable knowledge in all aspects of traffic signal installations and operations including wiring, trenching, conduit runs, junction boxes and concrete work. Must have knowledge in the National Electrical Code, MUTCD, ACHD, and ITD requirements pertaining to traffic signal installations.
- Requires an active Idaho Journeyman Electrical License and a valid Idaho driver's license
- College level courses in electronic technology or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., September 27, 2018.