Date Posted: May 24, 2018
Closes: June 13, 2018
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Utility Specialist in the Capital Projects Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Utility Specialist assists the Utility Coordinator in the technical and administrative field and office duties associated with the installation, relocation, and/or protection of utilities installed in public roadways. Works with ACHD employees and the owners of utilities located in public roadways.
- Assists in developing schedules for installation and relocation of utilities, and in the resolution of utility-related problems.
- Maintains the database and monitors compliance with the District's no-cut policy; performs construction plan reviews and quality checks.
- Must have good knowledge of Utility location and equipment used in utility location and relocation activities; principles and practices of roadway, structure, and utility construction; survey principles, survey staking, and layout including offsets, cuts, fills, and centerline controls; traffic hazards and traffic safety procedures; engineering calculations.
- Considerable knowledge of computer operating programs; specifically Word, Excel, and GIS software.
- Experience in road and utility construction supplemented by college-based courses in Civil Engineering or Construction Management are a plus.
- Requires a valid Idaho Driver's License.
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on June 13, 2018.