Monday, January 19, 2015
President Obama’s visit to require several parking space closures near university
Boise – Beginning tomorrow evening (Jan. 20) at 7:00 p.m., crews will begin closing parking spaces on several streets near Boise State University and the airport in preparation for the arrival of President Obama on Wednesday:
· University Drive from Broadway Avenue to Capitol Boulevard
· Euclid Avenue from University Drive to Beacon Street
· Manitou Avenue from University Drive to Beacon Street
· Belmont Street from Grant Avenue to Vermont Avenue
· Gowen Road, Eisenman Road to Victory Road
Motorists can expect significant delays on Broadway Avenue, and possible delays on Capitol Boulevard. Other streets and intersections may be added to this list at the discretion of the Boise Police Department. The President is expected to speak at approximately 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
Due to heightened security, motorists are also being advised that these "No Parking" zones are to be taken very seriously. Vehicles parked in "No Parking" zones will be towed away.
Boise State University will place signage in advance to warn the public. The closures will be lifted at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday (Jan. 21).