Boise - A handful of local events and roadwork starting as early as tonight, may cause delays for motorists travelling in the area:
· 2016 Meridian Dairy Days Parade: the parade begins tonight at 6:30 p.m., with road closures beginning around 6 p.m. and lifting once the parade is over. The parade route and subsequent road closures are as follows:
o Start at Watertower Drive
o North on Main Street
o East on Fairview Avenue
o South on NE 2 ½ Street
o East on Carlton Avenue
o South on 3rd Street
o East on Franklin Road
o South on Stratford Drive to Watertower Drive
· Meridian Dairy Days 5K and 1 Mile 2016: This event will take place tomorrow (Saturday, June 25) within the Meridian Speedway and on the sidewalks and sides of the road. Flaggers will be present to help participants cross streets as needed. Motorists should use caution and be aware of increased pedestrian traffic between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. in this area.
· The Ride for Hope Charity Ride will take place tomorrow (Saturday, June 25) in Kuna from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Impacts to traffic are expected to be minimal, but the event is expected to draw nearly 100 riders. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while driving near the ride course, which range from 18 to 66 miles long.
· Broad Street between Capitol Boulevard and 6th Street will be closed overnight tonight (Friday, June 24) until tomorrow morning (Saturday, June 25) to accommodate a concrete pour by Big-D Construction.
· Meridian Road from Bower Street to north of Pine Avenue will have lane restrictions starting today (Friday, June 24) and going through Saturday, July 2, to accommodate utility work.
· Ustick Road west of Eagle Road will have lane restrictions starting today (Friday, June 24) through next Wednesday (June 29) for manhole access for utilities.
· 6th Street between Front Street and Myrtle Street, and Broad Street between Capitol Boulevard and 6th Street, will be closed tomorrow (Saturday, June 25) from noon to 6 p.m. for The Big Le Boise event. No access will be allowed from Broad Street to Myrtle Street.
· Avenue B from Front Street to Myrtle Street will be closed tomorrow (Saturday, June 25) from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. for the Whole Foods Bike Event.
· Franklin Road between Black Cat Road and Ten Mile Road will be closed for Saturday and Sunday (June 25 and 26) to allow utility installation for a new subdivision.
Motorists are advised to use caution and plan alternate routes of travel whenever possible.