Friday, October 14, 2016
Ada County - Starting as early as tomorrow, events and road construction will impact local roadways.
Local events and road construction to create impacts to traffic starting this weekend
· The Boise State Homecoming Parade will be held Saturday (October 15) from 5-6 p.m. Roads will be closed at the intersections of University Drive and Capitol Boulevard, University Drive and Lincoln Street, and University Drive and Broadway Avenue. There will also be closures of surrounding smaller roads. The parade will begin at University and Brady and travel east on University to Denver. MAV, Valley Wide REACT, and Boise City Police will assist with traffic control.
· The YMCA Barber to Boise will start Saturday (October 15) at 9 a.m. The 10K runners will start at Barber Park and run along Boise Avenue, to Parkcenter Boulevard, then on the Greenbelt to Ann Morrison park. Runners participating in the 5K will begin in the parking lot across from Parkcenter Park and join the course to finish in Ann Morrison Park.
· 11th Street (northbound) between Myrtle Street and Front Street will be closed tomorrow (Saturday, October 15) for crane work.
· 3rd Street between Myrtle Street and Julia Davis Park Drive will be closed starting Monday (October 17) through October 21st for asphalt repair.
· Black Cat Road between Cherry Lane and Franklin Road will be closed starting Monday (October 17) through October 21st to allow crews to rehabilitate a gas pipeline. There will be no access between Franklin Road and the railroad tracks.
· Broad Street between 2nd Street and 3rd Street will be closed starting Monday (October 17) through October 21st for a CCDC Streetscape Project.
· Capitol Boulevard between Julia Davis Park Drive and Jefferson Street will have multiple lane restrictions on Saturday (October 15) from 10 a.m. to noon for the March for Mental Health Awareness.
Detour routes will be posted in the case of closures. Motorists can expect delays in these areas, and should plan alternate routes of travel whenever possible.