Friday, October 28, 2016
Ada County – A local marathon and a handful of road construction projects will have impacts on several Ada County roadways this weekend:
Local event and road work to impact Ada County roads this weekend
· The Onward Shay! Full and Half Marathon will be held on Sunday (October 30) at noon. The race course is as follows:
o 3rd Street from Julia Davis Drive to Washington Street
o 6th Street from Jefferson Street to Resseguie Street
o 13th Street from Hill Road to Resseguie Street
o 17th Street from Hays Street to Resseguie Street
o 20th Street from Grace Street to Good Street
o 24th Street from Ellis Avenue to Grace Street
o Bannock Street from 3rd Street to Capitol Boulevard
o Barber Valley Drive east of Parkcenter Boulevard
o Capitol Boulevard from Bannock Street to Jefferson Street
o Ellis Avenue from 20th Street to 24th Street
o Good Street from 20th Street to Harrison Boulevard
o Grace Street from 24th Street to 20th Street
o Harrison Boulevard from Hill Road to Ada Street
o Hays Street from 6th Street to 17th Street
o Hill Road from Harrison Boulevard to 13th Street
o Jefferson Street from Capitol Boulevard to 6th Street
o Julia Davis Drive from Capitol Boulevard to 3rd Street
o Parkcenter Boulevard from Marianne Williams Park to Bown Way
o Resseguie Street from 13th Street to 6th Street
o Resseguie Street from 17th Street to 20th Street and Ellis Avenue
o River Run Drive from Parkcenter Boulevard to Riverstone Lane
o River Street from Pioneer Street to Capitol Boulevard
o Washington Street from 6th Street to 3rd Street
Detour routes will be posted.
· Five Mile Road between Hollandale Drive and K-Bar-T Drive will have lane restrictions October 31 through November 1 for sewer main work.
· Five Mile Road south of Sandpiper Street will have lane restrictions October 31 through November 2 to allow Idaho Power access for power pole work.
· River Street at 10th Street will have lane restrictions October 31 through November 1 to allow Suez to replace a hydrant.
· Ten Mile Road (north of Franklin Road) will have lane restrictions on October 29 to allow the City of Meridian access to install a sewer manhole.
· University Drive, east of Brady Street to west of Earle Street will have lane restrictions October 31 through November 2 to allow crews to construct bases for banner placement.
· Ustick Road between Records Avenue and Duane Drive will have lane restrictions on October 31 through November 2 for overhead cable work.
· Ustick Road between Frontier Way and Wildwood Street will have lane restrictions with flagging October 31 through November 1 to allow crews to replace overhead cable tv.
Motorists should use caution, and can expect delays in these areas.
Due to inclement weather, work to repave Fulton Street between 8th Street and Capitol Boulevard has been postponed until next weekend.