Friday, November 04, 2016
Ada County – Several local events and roadwork will impact local traffic starting as early as today.
Parades, marathons, and roadwork to impact local roadways over the weekend
· The Veteran’s Day Parade will be held Saturday (November 5). Road closures will begin at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning, and will last until noon.
o 4th Street, 5th Street, 6th Street, Capitol Boulevard, 8th Street, 9th Street, 10th Street, 11th Street, and 12th Street, between Idaho Street and State Street
o Bannock Street between 3rd Street and 13th Street
o Jefferson Street between 3rd Street and 13th Street
o There will be lane closures approaching the road closure barricades on 5th Street and Capitol Boulevard between Main Street and Idaho Street, and on 6th Street and 9th Street between Washington Street and State Street
· The Zeitgeist Half Marathon will be held Saturday (November 5) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Approximately 600 people are expected to participate in the event. Boise Motor Escort and Boise Police will assist with traffic control. There will be rolling lane restrictions throughout the race course. The course is as follows:
o Begin at Boise Optimist Fields on Hill Road
o Exit east side of parking lot
o Cross Hill Road Parkway
o North on Duncan Lane
o Right onto (old) West Hill Road
o Left onto Seaman Gulch Road
o Right onto West Hidden Springs Drive
o Right onto the alley behind Hidden Springs library adjacent to the Fire Station
o Left onto North Dechambeau Way
o Left onto West Hidden Springs Drive
o Right onto North Second Avenue
o Left onto West McGee Street
o Right onto North First Avenue
o Right onto West Farm Market Road
o Right onto West Dry Creek Road
o Continue onto North Cartwright Road
o Right onto North Pierce Park Road
o Right onto West Hill Road
o Right onto sidewalk to (old) West Hill Road
o Right onto access road to North Dry Creek Cemetery Road, curve left at top of canal/hill to west bound access road.
o Finish at Cross Hill Road Parkway into Optimist lot.
· The 7th Annual Toys for Tots Ride will take place on Sunday (November 6) from 11 a.m. to noon. Boise Motor Escort will be assisting with traffic control. Approximately 250 vehicles will participate. The course is as follows:
o Begin at High Desert Harley at 2310 E. Cinema Drive in Meridian
o West on Overland Road to Locust Grove Road
o South on Locust Grove Road to Victory Road
o East on Victory Road to Orchard Street
o North on Orchard Street to Chinden Boulevard
o East on Chinden Boulevard to Fairview Avenue
o Continue east on Fairview Avenue to Main Street to 9th Street
o South on 9th Street to Capitol Boulevard
o Continue south on Capitol Boulevard to Vista Avenue
o Finish at Quinn’s Restaurant & Lounge at 1005 S. Vista Avenue, Boise.
· Capitol Boulevard (east side) north of River Street to Broad Street will have multiple lane restrictions starting today (November 4) and tomorrow (November 5). Crews will be pouring concrete for building construction.
· Myrtle Street between 8th Street and Capitol Boulevard will have nighttime lane restrictions today (November 4) and tomorrow (November 5) as crews pour concrete for building construction.
· Bannock Street between Capitol Boulevard and 6th Street will be closed on Sunday (November 6) for crane work.
· Black Cat Road north and south of Franklin Road, and Franklin Road north of Black Cat Road to Ten Mile Road will have lane restrictions with flagging starting November 7 until September 2017. Crews will be working on a road project, sewer and water work.
· Black Cat Road north of Franklin Road will have lane restrictions with flagging on Saturday (November 5) for paving.
· Both legs of Capitol Boulevard between Bannock Street and Jefferson Street, and Jefferson Street between 6th Street and 8th Street will be closed on Monday (November 7) between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. for the 2016 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Celebration.
· The west side of Capitol Boulevard between River Street and Myrtle Street will have lane restrictions on Saturday and Sunday (November 5-6) while crews work to repave Fulton Street.
· Fulton Street between 8th Street and Capitol Boulevard will be closed for repaving on Saturday and Sunday (November 5-6).
· Maple Grove between Amity Road and Victory Road will have mobile lane restrictions with flagging starting Monday (November 7) through Wednesday (November 9). Crews will be trimming trees.
Motorists are advised to expect delays in these areas. Detour routes will be posted for road closures.