Thursday, November 10, 2016
Ada County – Starting Monday (November 14), the City of Boise will be working on an emergency geothermal repair. Front Street between Avenue A to west of 3rd St will have multiple lane and pedestrian restrictions between November 14 and November 23. Two of the five lanes on Front Street will be closed between November 14 and November 18. Third Street between Front Street and Myrtle Street will be closed between November 14 and November 23. No access will be allowed between Broad Street and Front Street. Major traffic delays are expected.
Front Street to have multiple lane restrictions, Franklin Road closure, and other local traffic impacts
Franklin Road between Black Cat Roadand McDermott will be closed starting Saturday, November 12, through December 4, to allow crews access for underground utility work. Reader boards have been in place advertising the closure, and detour routes will be posted. The intersections of McDermott and Franklin, and McDermott and Cherry will be temporarily signed as four-way stops as part of the detour route. Local access will be maintained for residents, businesses, and emergency services.
Other traffic impacts to county roads include:
· 8th Street between Broad Street and Front Street will be closed between November 14 and November 16 for utility work.
· Black Cat Road between McMillan Road and Daphne Street will have lane restrictions with flagging from November 12 through November 21. Crews will be performing utility work.
· Fairview Avenue and Main Street (east of 27th Street), will have lane restrictions from November 11 through November 16. Crews will be replacing a fire hydrant.
· Hill Road Parkway between Seaman Gulch Road and Gary Lane will have lane restrictions with flagging from November 14 through November 18. Crews will be performing utility work.
· The intersection at Idaho Street and Main Street in Meridian will have lane restrictions with flagging on November 10 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. while the Meridian Christmas Tree is being set up in Generations Plaza.
· Parkcenter Boulevard (south of Highland Street) will have lane restrictions for utility work between November 14 and November 18.
· The intersection of Victory Road and Andros Avenue will have lane restrictions from November 14 through November 18 to allow access for underground cable work.
· Five Mile Rd between Southerland Street and Hollandale Drive will have lane restriction between November 14 and November 18. Crews will be performing overhead cable work.
· Milwaukee Street between Holbrook Street and Milwaukee Court will have mobile lane restrictions with flagging between November 10 and November 15. Crews will be trimming trees.
· Main Street between Idaho Street to south of Broadway Avenue in Meridian will have lane and pedestrian restrictions with flagging between November 11 and November 21. Crews will be performing utility work.
· The intersection of Gary Lane and Saxton Drive will have lane and pedestrian restrictions with flagging between November 10 and November 11. Crews will be doing asphalt paving on Saxton Drive.
Motorists can expect delays in these areas. Detour routes will be posted for road closures.
For daily updated information on road work on Ada County roads, please check out RITA (Roadwork In The Area) on the ACHD website. I have included a link here.