Friday, November 18, 2016
Ada County – Local road work and the Boise Holiday Parade will impact county roads starting as early as today.
Holiday Parade and other road work to impact local roads starting today
· The Boise Holiday Parade will be held Saturday, November 19 at 9:45 a.m. Starting at 6:30 a.m., roads will close between 13th Street and 3rd Street, and between Idaho Street and State Street. Roads will reopen at approximately 1 p.m. that afternoon.
· Several roads will be impacted by tree trimming work. Motorists can expect lane restrictions on the following roadway segments:
o Cole Road between Ustick Road to Mountain View Drive from November 18-21.
o Five Mile Road between Franklin Road and Ustick Road from November 18-22.
o Frankin Road between Five Mile Road and Maple Grove Road from November 18-22.
o Maple Grove Road between McMillan Road and Ustick Road from November 18-23.
o Mountain View Drive between Ustick Road and Goddard Road from November 18-23.
o Milwaukee Street between Goddard Road and Ustick Road from November 21-23.
o Ustick Road between Five Mile Road and Maple Grove Road from November 19-23.
o Mitchell Street between Fairview Avenue and Ustick Road from November 21-23.
o Ustick Road between Cloverdale Road and Five Mile Road from November 19-23.
o Cole Road between Wilshire Drive and Court Street from November 19-29.
· 43rd Street, between Adams Street and Chinden Boulevard in Garden City, will be closed from November 21-22 for sewer and water work. No access will be allowed off of Adams Street.
· Bannock Street, between 6th Street and Capitol Boulevard, will be closed November 20 for crane work.
· Cole Road, between Thunderbolt Drive and Bethel Street, will have lane restrictions November 21-22 for railroad crossing work.
· Emerald Street, west of Palace Row, will have lane restrictions with flagging on November 21-23 for water, sewer, and storm drain work.
· Federal Way, north of Micron Gate B, will have lane restrictions November 21-22 for driveway approach work.
· Hill Road Parkway, between Seaman Gulch Road and Gary Lane, will have lane restrictions with flagging November 19-24 for utility work.
· Main Street, between Franklin Road and Fairview Avenue in Meridian, will have lane restrictions with flagging on November 19 for holiday decorating by the Meridian Parks Department.
· Orchard Street, north of Freemont Street, will have lane restrictions November 21-23 to allow Idaho Power access for overhead maintenance.
· The intersection of Warm Springs Avenue and Jesmond Way will have lane restrictions with flagging November 22-23 for underground cable work.
Motorists can expect delays in these areas, and should allow extra travel time when possible.