Friday, December 02, 2016
Ada County – The annual Meridian Winter Lights Parade, which takes place tonight, along with several other road construction projects, will impact traffic starting as early as today.
The Meridian Winter Lights Parade and other road work to impact traffic starting today
· The Meridian Winter Lights Parade begins tonight at 6:30 p.m. Motorists can expect to see road closures as early as 6:00 p.m.The parade is expected to last until 8 p.m., and road closures will be lifted shortly after that. The following Meridian roads will be effected:
o E. Pine Avenue, Idaho Avenue & Broadway Avenue, between Meridian Avenue and N.E. 4th Street, will be closed.
o N.E. 3rd Street between E. State Avenue and E. Franklin Road will be closed.
o E. Franklin Road between Stratford Drive and N. Main Street will be closed.
o N. Main Street between E. Franklin Road and E. State Avenuewill be closed.
o There will be lane restrictions south of the intersection of E. Franklin Road and N. Main Street, and east of the intersection of E. Franklin Road and N. Main Street.
o Ada Street, Bower Street, King Street, and Williams Street will be closed between N.E. 3rd Street and Main Street.
· Utility work continues at the intersection of Cole Road and Fairview Avenue. Both the north and south legs of Cole Road have lane restrictions. Serious delays can be expected, and motorists might consider an alternate route of travel when possible. This work will continue until the start of construction in January. This project is expected to be complete in August 2017.
· Geothermal work continues downtown Boise. 3rd Street, between Front Street and Myrtle Street, will be closed from Saturday morning, December 3rd until 6 am Monday, December 5th. No access will be allowed between Broad Street and Front Street. Also,Front Street west of Avenue A will have lane restrictions during this time.
· 10th Street between Franklin Street and Hays Street will be closed for a sewer replacement December 2-9.
· 9th Street, south of Fort Street to Franklin Street will have lane restrictions December 2-9. Crews will be replacing a sewer main.
· Amity Road, west of Meridian Road, will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 2-10. Crews will be doing underground utility work.
· 6th Street, south of Grove Street will have lane restrictions on December 4 for crane work.
· The intersection of Benjamin Lane and Westpark Street will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 5-9. Idaho Power will be doing power work.
· Emerald Street, west of Palace Row, will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 6-8. Crews will be doing water, sewer, and storm drain work.
· Fairview Avenue, east of Garden Street will have lane restrictions from December 5-9. Crews will be doing handrail work.
· Franklin Road, east and west of Baltic Place will have lane restrictions from December 5-12. Crews will be doing utility work.
· Kuna Mora Road between Cole Road and Pleasant Valley Road will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 5-16 for utility work.
· McMillan Road between Fox Run Way to west of Zachary Way, will have lane restrictions with flagging on December 5. Crews will be doing frontage work for a new subdivision.
· Pleasant Valley Road from Kuna Mora Road north will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 5-16. Crews will be doing utility work.
· Seaman Gulch Road and Hill Road Parkway between Hill Road and Gary Lane will have lane restrictions with flagging December 5-9 for utility work.
· Ustick Road east of Eagle Road will have lane restrictions from December 5-9 to allow crews access to a manhole.
· Warm Springs Avenue between Eckert Road and Lysted Avenue will have lane restrictions with flagging from December 5-8. Crews will be doing an overhead cable TV replacement.
Motorists can expect delays in this area, and may consider alternate routes of travel when possible.
As we move into colder temperatures and winter driving conditions, ACHD encourages all motorists to slow down, give yourself plenty of time to get where you’re going, and always drive for the conditions on the road.