Friday, December 30, 2016
Ada County – The 4th Annual Idaho Potato Drop New Year’s Eve Party will be held Saturday, December 31. Several road closures will be involved with this event:
The Idaho Potato Drop, road work to impact local roadways
· Starting today (Friday, December 30), Capitol Boulevard between Bannock Street and Jefferson Street is temporarily closed.
· Starting today after 6:30 p.m., Jefferson Street between 6th Street and 8th Street; Bannock Street between 6th Street and 8th Street; and Capitol Boulevard between Bannock Street and Idaho Street will be temporarily closed.
· Motorists can expect to see minor delays Friday and Saturday until approximately 11 p.m. On Saturday, motorists can expect significant delays between 9 p.m. and 3 a.m. Sunday.
Other road construction projects begin as soon today:
· Kuna Road west of Black Cat Road will have lane restrictions with flagging today (December 30) to allow Idaho Power access for overhead maintenance.
· 5th Street south of Myrtle Street will have lane restrictions with occasional road closures January 2 through March 30 for geothermal work and the CCDC Streetscape Project.
· Cole Road between Florence Lane and Westwood Drive will have lane restrictions with flagging January 3 through August 25 for the Fairview/Cole Intersection Project. Major delays are expected, and motorists should choose alternate routes whenever possible.
· Cole Road west of Florence Lane will have lane restrictions January 3 through January 11 to allow Cable One crews access to place underground cable.
· Cole Road between Emerald Street and Fairview Avenue will be closed from January 3 through March 1 for the Fairview/Cole Intersection Project. Local access will be available off of Emerald Street.
· Fairview Avenue between Eldorado Street and Westland Drive will have lane restrictions with flagging January 3 through August 25 for the Fairview/Cole Intersection Project. Motorists can expect major delays, and should choose alternate routes of travel whenever possible.
· Five Mile Road between Southerland Street and K Bar T Drive will have lane restrictions January 3 to allow Idaho Power crews access for utility work.
· Floating Feather Road between Chaucer Way to west of Park Lane will have lane restrictions with flagging January 3 and 4 to allow Cable One crews access for overhead cable TV replacement.
· Fort Street between 10th Street and 11th Street will be closed for tree removal on December 31.
Motorists are advised to use caution in these areas, and choose alternate routes of travel whenever possible.
The Ada County Highway District would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to drive safely this holiday weekend. Do not drink and drive, do not text and drive, and drive for the conditions of the road. Happy holidays!