Half K walk/run, construction and utility work to impact local roads
Ada County – Starting as early as tomorrow (Saturday, March 11), a local event and various road construction and utility projects will impact local roadways.
· The Iron Horse Brewery’s Half K Walk/Run Event will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 11. The race course takes place on downtown Boise sidewalks. The course is as follows:
o Start at the Wise Guy Pizza parking lot on the north side of Main Street between N. 5th Street and N. 6th Street
o West on the Main Street sidewalk (north side of the street) to 6th Street
o North on the 6th Street sidewalk (east side of the street) to Idaho Street
o East on the Idaho Street sidewalk (south side of the street) to 5th Street
o South on the 5th Street sidewalk (west side of the street) to Main Street
o West on the Main Street sidewalk to the Wise Guy Pizza parking lot (Finish)
Approximately 250 participants are expected, and motorists are advised to use caution while driving in the area.
· Bannock Street between Capitol Boulevard and 6th Street will be closed March 12 for crane work.
· Black Cat Road south of Columbia Road will have lane restrictions with flagging March 14-15 for power pole work.
· Bogus Basin Road between Mileposts 9-16 will have lane restrictions with flagging for soil and asphalt testing.
· Broad Street between 5th Street and 6th Street will be closed March 13-20 for water main work.
· Eagle Road between Falcon Drive and Rome Drive will have lane restrictions with flagging March 13– April 7for asphalt paving and concrete work.
· Eagle Road (southbound) approaching Zaldia Drive will have a right turn lane restriction March 16 for overhead utility work.
· Federal Way south of Tolpmis Street will have lane restrictions with occasional flagging March 13-31 for a blasting operation.
· Gekeler Lane between Lexington Street and Woodvine Street will have lane restrictions with flagging March 14-15 for overhead utility maintenance.
· The intersection of Parkcenter Boulevard and Mallard Drive will have lane restrictions March 13 for an asphalt patch.
· Star Road north of Joplin Road will have lane restrictions with flagging March 13-14 for utility work.
· Surprise Way between Amity Road and Highway 21 will be closed March 11 for utility work. No access will be allowed between Highway 21 and Survival Place.
· All legs of the intersection of Ustick Road and Milwaukee Street will have lane restrictions with flagging March 14 for paving. Motorists are advised to avoid the area between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All legs of the intersection of Franklin Road and Orchard Street will have lane restrictions March 13-24 for utility work.
Motorists can expect delays in these areas, and are advised to take alternate routes whenever possible.