The proposed $130 million budget for fiscal year 2019 includes a large number of projects designed to increase safety, aid in congestion relief, and continue to maintain our infrastructure and operations.
The draft budget includes a $68.6 million capital program with projects such as:
- An improved Cole Road and Franklin Road intersection ($3 million)
- An expanded Cole Road between I-84 and Franklin Road ($3 million)
- Realigned State St and Collister Drive Intersection ($10 million)
- $8.9 million in Federal Aid Funds
- An expanded Cloverdale Road between Ustick Road and Chinden Blvd. ($5.5 million)
- An expanded Cloverdale Road between Overland Road and Franklin Road and (emergency overpass and roadway project with ITD) ($8 million)
- An improved pedestrian corridor on Overland Road between Columbus Street and Federal Way ($1.2 million)
- An expanded Linder Road between Ustick Road and McMillan Road ($2.4 million)
- Purchase right of way for the expansion of Maple Grove between Victory Road and Overland Road
- Purchase right of way for intersection widening and improvements at Cole and Victory
The proposal includes a three-percent increase in the general tax rate ($1 million), as well as an increase for the value of new construction added to the county's tax roll ($1.5 million).
A full copy of the draft budget is available for review.
The budget hearing will occur at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, in the ACHD Auditorium, 3775 Adams St., in Garden City. The public is encouraged to attend and to testify, or to submit comments ahead of time via the District's Tell Us on the website.