Project Update as 12/07/16: Utility work is on-going. Black Cat Road south of Franklin Road, will be CLOSED December 5th through February 10 for pipe work.
Road improvements are coming soon! Utility relocations have already begun, and construction is expected to begin late this fall.
Materials from July 15, 2013 open house
Please click on the images below to view the materials from the open house.
Franklin Road and Black Cat Road Intersection
Franklin Road near Black Cat Road
Franklin Road near Ten Mile Road
The Ada County Highway District will being construction soon to widen Franklin Road to five lanes with curb, gutter, detached sidewalk, and bike lanes. Utility work will begin in August, and the project will be complete by the Fall of 2017.
- Widen and signalize Franklin Road and Black Cat Road intersection to include additional thru lanes and turning lanes
- Construct landscaped drainage swales on both sides of Franklin Road
- Motorists can expect road closures on Franklin Road and Black Cat Road at various times throughout construction
What is the purpose of the Franklin Road Project?
- Improve motorist, pedestrian, and bicyclist safety
- Accommodate future traffic volumes
Where is the project at in the process?
Utility relocations have already started on this project, and the construction is expected to begin late this fall.
Why widen this segment of Franklin Road?
Future traffic volumes are expected to increase to over 24,000 vehicles per day making a five lane roadway necessary. As an Interstate 84 detour route Franklin Road must also be able to accommodate Interstate traffic when needed.
Will Franklin Road between Ten Mile Road and Linder Road be widened?
Yes. It will be reconstructed in late 2012 or early 2013 to include five lanes with curb, gutter, sidewalk and bike lanes. For more information on this project click here.