January 7, 2016 Community Open House Materials
Materials from the January 7, 2016 open house can be found under "Related Documents" to the right.
The Emerald and Americana Project was adopted by the ACHD Commission on March 25, 2015. The project will now move into design.
Emerald & Americana Project to be presented to ACHD Commission
March 25, 2015 | 6 p.m.
ACHD Auditorium | 3775 Adams Street, Garden City
The Emerald and Americana Project, Orchard to Ann Morrison Park Entrance will be presented to the ACHD Commissioners on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. The Commission will make a decision on the Concept Report and decide whether the project will move forward into design. If you would like to present comments about the project to the Commission during the public hearing, you are encouraged to attend this meeting. The Commission Meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the ACHD Auditorium (3775 Adams Street, Garden City); however this project is one of several agenda items and may not be the first item discussed.
If you are unable to attend the Commission Meeting but would like to submit written comments for the Commission to consider, please send them to ACHD, 3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID, 83714, or email@example.com.
January 27, 2015 Open House Materials
- Explore feasibility of reconfiguring Emerald Street and Americana Boulevard from Orchard Street to the entrance of Ann Morrison Park to accommodate continuous sidewalks and bike lanes on both sides of the street.
- Conduct traffic study to determine if Emerald and Americana can support traffic demand with reduced traffic lanes to accommodate bike lanes.
- Improve safety for all roadway users (motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists)
- Increase pedestrian and bicyclist connectivity
This project was one of the highest priority projects to come from the 2012 Boise Central Bench Neighborhood Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan. The plan called for adding continuous sidewalks and exploring the feasibility of reconfiguring the street to accommodate bike lanes on Emerald and Americana from Orchard Street to the entrance of Ann Morrison Park.
- Traffic analysis (Fall 2014)
- Public survey (Fall/late winter 2014)
- Develop project concept (Late winter 2014/early 2015)
- Public open house to gather public feedback on concept (Early 2015)
- Take concept to ACHD Commission for approval/disapproval (Spring 2015)
Start Date: TBD
End Date: TBD