Construction to start in March
As early as March 2, 2017 construction will begin on the 4th Street, Broadway Avenue to Cherry Lane project. Construction is anticipated to be complete by mid-July. The project includes:
Traffic and Construction Impacts
- Constructing curb, gutter and sidewalk on the east side of W. 4th Street
- Building an asphalt pathway on the west side between Maple Avenue and Cherry Lane where there currently is no roadway.
- Constructing curb, gutter, and sidewalk on the west side of 4th Street between the new asphalt pathway and the existing sidewalk just south of Cherry Lane.
- Adding a school pathway from 4th Street to the edge of Meridian Elementary School property.
During construction there may be the following impacts: general construction noise, dust, equipment back up alarms and ground vibration. Work is expected to occur between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Improve pedestrian safety and connectivity.
- Provide a safe route to school for children attending local schools.
Start Date: March
End Date: mid-July