- Construct curb, gutter and sidewalk on the west side of Roosevelt Street between Rose Hill and Emerald Street.
- Replace existing narrow sidewalk on east side of Roosevelt Street between Rose Hill and Alpine Street with curb, gutter and separated sidewalk.
- Add bike lanes and sharrows (shared road markings).
Why the mix of bike facilities? While there are bike lanes on both sides of the street south of Alpine, north of Alpine there is only enough room within the existing right-of-way for a bike lane on the east side and sharrows on the west. Adding a dedicated bike lane on the west side would mean more significant impacts to property owners.
- Maintain existing on-street parking.
- View the project design under Related Documents to the right of your screen.
- Increase pedestrian connectivity.
- Increase connectivity for children walking to local schools.
Late 2015 – Began design
Summer 2016 – Public feedback
Fall 2016 - Final design
2018 - Right-of-way purchases
2019 – Construction
Start Date: TBD
End Date: TBD