ACHD is currently conducting the Orchard Street Realignment Study to evaluate widening, realigning and redesigning Orchard Street between Gowen Road and Victory Road.
The study will include:
- Identifying a new Orchard Street alignment to connect with the Lake Hazel Extension south of Gowen Road.
- Determining the appropriate roadway cross-section, including bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Evaluating what type of intersection should be designed for the new Orchard Street/Gowen Road /Lake Hazel Extension intersection
- Determining future connections between the existing and re-aligned Orchard Street, as well as side streets such as Diamond Street, Aeronca Street, and Dorman Street.
- Identifying modifications to the existing Orchard Street/Gowen Road/Harvard Street intersection.
- Provide a roadway that meets the needs of all users
- Provide a direct connection to the Lake Hazel Extension
- Support the City of Boise's Airport Master Plan
The online survey closed on April 15, 2019.