The Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is conducting the Orchard Street Realignment Study to realign and redesign Orchard Street between Gowen Road and Victory Road to connect with the new Lake Hazel Extension.
Based on public input received from the online survey earlier this year, ACHD has developed alternatives for the public to review.
Materials from the August 14, 2019 Open House
Welcome | Timeline | Project Description
What We Heard From Survey | Cross Sections
Traffic Volumes | What is Next
Gowen and Orchard Intersection Options
Thank you for your interest in the Orchard Study. The survey closed on August 28, 2019.
Learn How Trucks Navigate Roundabouts
The study will include:
- Identifying a new Orchard Street alignment to connect with the Lake Hazel Extension south of Gowen Road.
- Determining the appropriate roadway cross-section, including bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Evaluating what type of intersection should be designed for the new Orchard Street/Gowen Road /Lake Hazel Extension intersection
- Determining future connections between the existing and re-aligned Orchard Street, as well as side streets such as Diamond Street, Aeronca Street, and Dorman Street.
- Identifying modifications to the existing Orchard Street/Gowen Road/Harvard Street intersection.
- Provide a roadway that meets the needs of all users
- Provide a direct connection to the Lake Hazel Extension
- Support the City of Boise's Airport Master Plan