Join us to learn about bike and pedestrian improvements for Cassia Street!
- Community Open House
- January 9, 2020 | 5:30-7 p.m.
- Redeemer Lutheran Church - 2920 W. Cassia St.
- Come anytime between 5:30 and 7 p.m.! The meeting will be an open house format with no formal presentation.
Learn more about the Cassia Bikeway and Sidewalk Projects here.
- Construct curb, gutter and sidewalk on Cassia Street, between Latah and Shoshone streets.
- Add bulb-outs for pedestrian safety.
- What are bulb-outs? Bulb-outs are an extension of the curb or the sidewalk into the street, usually at an intersection, that narrows the road, inhibits fast turns, and shortens the crossing distance for pedestrians.
- Include permeable pavers to help manage stormwater.
- Maintaining most existing on-street parking.
- The Cassia Street Bikeway proposes sharrows on this portion of Cassia Street. Sharrows are painted shared lane markings to remind users that bikes and cars share the street.
- Construction is currently scheduled for 2021.
- View the design!
Thank you for your interest in the Cassia Street Project. The comment period closed on January 23, 2020.
Want to check out the design in person?
Join us on June 13th for the Cassia Bikeway open houses, where we will have the Cassia sidewalk display for you to review.
June 13, 2018
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. | Borah Park - 801 Aurora Dr.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Cassia Park parking lot - 4600 W Camas St.