- Construct sidewalk and pedestrian ramps on the north side of Franklin Street between Avenue I and Haines Street
- Most improvements will be constructed within the public right-of-way.
- Check out the design!
- Provide a safe walking route for Roosevelt Elementary School students.
- Winter 2019 - Began working on concept
- Summer 2019 - Seek public input on the conceptual design (We are here!)
- Late summer 2019 - Finalize design
- 2021 - Anticipated construction year
Why add sidewalks to the north side and not the south?
- The north side provides the connectivity that is desired for children walking to and from Roosevelt Elementary School.
- The north side also has fewer impacts to trees, fences and other landscaping. When evaluating the project, we discovered that adding sidewalks to the south side of Franklin would require significantly more impacts to existing property.
Why does the sidewalk meander a bit?
- While impacts are unavoidable, ACHD tried to adjust the layout of the sidewalk to reduce significant impacts to trees and other landscaping.
After reviewing the information above, please take the survey. While your comments are always welcome, they can be best used if received by August 5, 2019.
Other Projects of Interest