The Ada County Highway District, working with the Boise City Parks and Recreation Department, is designing improvements for Heron Street, between 13th and 9th streets in front of Camel's Back Park.
- Rebuild the roadway.
- Add a detached pathway on the north side of the street.
- Install bulb-outs.
- Add a new crosswalk on Heron at 10th Street.
- Paint sharrow markings to create awareness that bikes and cars share the roadway.
- Allow on-street parking on both sides of the street.
- Construction is anticipated in summer/fall 2018.
- View the revised design under"Related Documents".
Please note that every effort was made to impact as few trees as possible.
- Provide a safe pathway for the neighborhood and Camel's Back Park users.
- Increase pedestrian connectivity.
- Early 2018